Applying to MPH@UNC
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Statement of Purpose
- Why are you interested in pursuing a Master of Public Health degree and how will this prepare you for your career?
- What experiences have led to your pursuit of an MPH?
- Racism has been identified as a public health crisis by the American Public Health Association. How do you plan to be actively antiracist and use your public health training to interrupt systems of oppression, discrimination and abuse that exists where you study, live, and work?
- Please explain why you are interested in the concentration(s) noted in the application.
Letters of Recommendation
Considerations for International Applicants
TOEFL or IELTS Test Scores
- TOEFL: 90
- IELTS: 7
- Applicants from countries where English is the sole official language of instruction (i.e., Australia; Bahamas; Barbados; Canada, excluding Québec; England; Ghana; Ireland; India; Jamaica; Kenya; New Zealand; Nigeria; Scotland; St. Vincent and the Grenadines; Trinidad; Tobago; Uganda; and Wales).
- Applicants who have received or will receive a degree from an accredited university in the United States. (Within the online admissions application, you must upload an unofficial transcript showing the degree awarded or in progress, or a letter from the registrar or dean verifying your degree candidate status from that institution. If you are offered admission, the official transcript must be received or the English exam scores will be required for enrollment.)
- Applicants who have received or will receive a degree from an accredited university where English is the sole language of instruction. (If you are a degree candidate in a university where English is the sole language of instruction, you must submit, along with your request, an official verification from that university that English is the sole language of instruction along with your anticipated date of graduation. If the degree or an official verification is not received, the English exam scores will be required.)
Prerequisite Information: Nutrition and Dietetics
Nutrition and Dietetics Prerequisites
- Chemistry (Chemistry I and Lab, Chemistry II and Lab, and at least one term of Organic*)
- Human Anatomy*
- Human Physiology*
- Microbiology (with Lab)
- Human Nutrition
- General Psychology
- Introduction to Anthropology or Sociology I