About the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
- Educate the next generation of leaders in public health.
- Discover, test, disseminate and implement solutions to health threats and problems.
- Translate research findings into sound practices and policies.
- Serve North Carolina and beyond through outreach, engagement, education of citizens and health professionals and application of solutions to health threats and problems.
- Deliver Proven Solutions Faster — Implementation Science
- Healthy People, Healthy Planet
- Promote Health, Prevent Disease and Improve Care for All
- Harness Big Data for Health and Well-Being
Global is Local and Local is Global
- We work in more than 80 countries and in all 100 counties in North Carolina, seeking transformative solutions to improve public health across populations.
- Global and local content and tactics are infused throughout our courses and programs.
- Our students participate in experiential learning opportunities in North Carolina, across the United States and around the world.
- Our students actively volunteer in local and global organizations, from increasing access to clean water in Orange County, N.C., to improving water distribution in Peru.
- Students have earned awards and national recognition for their work solving real-world problems while enrolled at Gillings.2
- Our alumni are leaders in the field, holding influential positions in the U.S. and internationally at academic institutions, governmental and nongovernmental organizations, health ministries around the world and more.3
To learn more about MPH@UNC, request information and an admissions counselor will contact you.
2 Two from Gillings School Bring Home Prize from Inaugural Healthcare Case Competition, UNC Gillings School of Public Health (2017)arrow_upwardReturn to footnote reference