Mike Horst, PhD
Dr. Mike Horst has more than 25 years of experience in various administrative and technical roles within a hospital/health system.
Dr. Horst primarily serves as a biostatistician for numerous investigator-initiated projects, as a research administrator and as vice-chair of the Institutional Review Board at Penn Medicine/Lancaster General Hospital.
His research interests include:
- Applications of GIS (Geographic Information Systems) to health-related research
- Use of EMR (Electronic Medical Record) data in health systems research
- Health systems outcomes research
- Applied statistical methods in health outcomes research
- Data science, big data and predictive/spatial modeling
Dr. Horst teaches SPHG 711 – Data Analysis for Public Health.